C’mon Aboard with Marcy on Her Blog Tour!!
April 23 – 27
Join the lively discussion ~ we want your voice!
THE COOL TOPIC WE’LL BE EXPLORING
Mommy Mind-Meld: Turbo-Charge Your Baby’s Brain Development
Join us as I share scientific secrets for how you can easily chart a course of future success for your baby! I’ll be sharing practical insights for parents (and “pre-parents”) and distilling the latest neuroscience research into user-friendly take-aways to help demystify the attachment neurobiology process in which face-to-face engagement with parents serves as mind-to-mind training for baby. We’ll cover:
- the amazing research proving you and your baby are a single biological unit when you interact — and how to use that knowledge to boost both your brains’ power!
- toys and activities that build brain power (and ones that drain brains, too – like Baby Einstein and other screen-based entertainment)
- what the heck epigenetics is and how it can work for you! Insights to use right now…
- how pregnancy is “Nature’s Head Start Program”; knowing what lessons take place can help you start your baby off right… and understand if baby’s early weeks aren’t going so smoothly
Where you can hop aboard the tour, and join in the discussion
Mothering (Complete post on Monday)
Elevating Child Care
Positive Parenting Skills (Posted in 2 parts, Mon/Tues — Pt. 2 includes adoption implications)
Mamahhh (Complete post on Monday)
Stuff to get you in the mood:
You can read an excerpt from my book Parenting for Peace that gives you the whole scoop – and this is what I will be blogging and answering your questions about. “Mind-Melding Moms”(excerpt from Parenting for Peace)
Marcy’s Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ParentingForPeace
Parenting for Peace Amazon page http://www.amazon.com/Parenting-Peace-Raising-Generation-Peacemakers/dp/1591811767
Who is the blogger??!
An early development specialist and parent counselor, Marcy is also a popular international speaker on attachment, culture, and child and parent development. Featured in several documentary films as an expert in adoption, prenatal development, and Waldorf education, Marcy’s combination of life experience, cultural acumen, and scholarly credibility uniquely equip her to provide compelling and entertaining guidance through the thicket of choices parents today face in raising children.
Marcy wrote Parenting for Peace as both invitation and challenge: if we really want to change the world, let’s raise a generation “built for peace”… from the very beginning. Her book is a user-friendly scientific roadmap for how to do exactly that – detailing a unique seven-step, seven-principle matrix for hardwiring our babies and children with the brain circuitry for such essential peacemaker capacities as self-regulation, empathy, intelligence, trust and imagination, while in the process, bringing more joy into family life!
Marcy caught my attention right away because her work gets to the heart of our need — as parents — for self-care. My takeaway from Marcy’s fantastic day-long workshop was that self-care is essential to our being able to raise happy, peaceful, productive children. — Jenni Derryberry, Mamahhh… (one of the tour stops)
Fruitful questions you might consider asking on one of the blogs
- Which routine hospital birth practices should parents refuse for the sake of their baby’s healthiest brain circuitry?
- You say Baby Einstein and such is not brain-building, so what ARE good toys that help build a baby’s intelligence?
- Parenting can be stressful and even overwhelming, so in those heated moments, if the mom or dad of a little one can remember just one thing, what should it be?
- What about a parent who might flinch at the term “peacemaker” — worried about raising a wimp or a <gasp> pacifist?